Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will report to the Head of Infrastructure at Wayfinder. Our infrastructure team is responsible for the systems and tools that enable us to deliver quality software at scale. In this role, you will work with our machine learning, software, and hardware teams to build out, monitor, and maintain the public cloud and on-premises infrastructure required for the Wayfinder project to execute.
- Build, maintain and scale the infrastructure needed to support our machine learning, software, and hardware teams
- Maintain system images and configuration, deployment to bare-metal, virtualized, and containerized platforms
- Build, maintain, and deploy software packages (e.g., .deb, conda, python wheels) built by the team
- Maintain network switching setup, implement network ACLs, and administer server-level authentication and access control
- Contribute to testable code-as-infrastructure and implement CI/CD practices to achieve reproducible infrastructure build-up/tear-down
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive experience in infrastructure engineering and Linux system administration
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or others)
- Experience with Ethernet and InfiniBand network management (e.g., Arista, Cisco, Juniper, Mellanox)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization solutions (e.g., VMware, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with monitoring, metric gathering, and graphing systems (e.g., Prometheus, Graphite/Grafana, ElasticSearch/MetricBeat)
- Experience with highly automated modern software development practices and tools
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured, and well-documented code in Python
Strongly preferred qualifications:
- Experience with build systems (Jenkins, Bazel, Maven or others)
- Experience with identity management tools (LDAP), secret and PKI management tools (e.g., Vault)
- Experience with repository management software (e.g., Artifactory, Nexus)
- Familiarity with flight simulation, computer vision, or machine learning
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to 9 national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,000 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy & more
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.