Sustainable growth is critical to the future of the aviation industry and life on Earth. By accelerating global weather sensing at scale, Project Monark aims to help future-proof both. To do so, the team is focused on scaling up weather-related measurements using commercial aircraft, weather balloons and autonomous flying platforms in order to directly and significantly benefit both weather forecasting and commercial aviation.
A3 by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A3 partnerships — with startups, established companies, and research institutions — power our projects and allow us to work successfully within the Silicon Valley ecosystem. They often connect our parent company to new developments and talent here too. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets for projects that emerge from A3.
Monark is leveraging distributed, connected sensing to vastly improve weather forecasting and the sustainability of commercial aviation.
Sustainable growth is critical to the future of the aviation industry and life on Earth. By accelerating global weather sensing at scale, the Monark team aims to help future-proof both. To do so, the team is focused on scaling up weather-related measurements using commercial aircraft, weather balloons and autonomous flying platforms in order to directly and significantly benefit both weather forecasting and commercial aviation.
The day-to-day specifics of the job involve a mixture of design, analytical, and execution skills. In order to be successful, you must navigate everything from high-level strategy to hands-on execution, and adapt to change quickly. We expect you to deep dive into all systems, prioritize, and own the coordination between multiple parties to advance the project in areas such as vendor selection / tracking, core product development and an ambassador for Acubed and Monark.
As a TPM, you will report directly to the Project Executive of Monark and be responsible for:
- Developing and managing project plans to ensure on-time delivery
- Constantly working to evolve processes towards increasing precision and dependability, while still maintaining the agility
- Asking questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
- Managing relationships and communication with internal and external customers
- Managing the budget for project Monark
- Understanding the impact and sensitivities of weather sensing towards the aviation ecosystem.
- Relating the specific activities towards scalability into the aviation industry
- Understanding the technical implementation at the architecture level and proposing technical alternatives when necessary.
- Work closely with Industrial designers to ensure designs are conducive to mission planning and data retrieval
We expect you to have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field and at least three years of progressive work experience in technical program management with an understanding of impact and sensitivities of weather sensing towards the aviation ecosystem. We need you to be inquisitive about weather and its capabilities towards the aviation ecosystem, and passionate for utilizing weather data to better the world.
- Experience managing end-to-end product deployment — from concept through development and successful launch
- Solid product sense with the ability to understand product architecture and as well as drive and criticize design decisions
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and effectively facilitate a team to decision and action
- Proficiency with data manipulation and visualization preferred
- A passion for utilizing weather data to better humankind
- Experience with safety critical systems and/or regulated industries is a plus
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A3 by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A3 are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.