Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Data and Simulation Engineer
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport the people and goods of tomorrow - Come join us!
Data and Simulation Engineer
In this role, you will be responsible for building the simulation tools and data pipelines that guide research, policy, and product in the unmanned sky.
- Design and develop models, algorithms, and services that interact with simulated and proof-of-concept implementations of unmanned traffic management
- Analyze the safety and efficiency of various concepts, architectures, and services within unmanned traffic management
- Create novel approaches to modeling and simulation of traffic management concepts
- Produce technical summaries of results to support standards, conference, and journal publications
- Work closely with subject matter experts to design and prototype algorithms for decision making, demand and fleet management, airspace allocation, and other challenging problems
- Own a part of the simulation platform as it grows and develops
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Physics, Aeronautics or related technical field
- Experience with robotics or simulation (bonus if you have worked with Gazebo, OpenAI Gym, or similar frameworks)
- Experience programming in languages like Python, C++, or Julia (experience with scientific computing a plus)
Why Airbus UTM?
- Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
- We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
- We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, 401k, Bonuses, Catered Lunches, and Flight Training if you are interested in becoming a Pilot!
- We are located in beautiful Sunnyvale, California and only a few minutes walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.