A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
As our Senior Human Resource Generalist, you will report directly to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner and be responsible for the implementation and administration of HR programs and provide management and employees with a full range of human resources services across all functional areas including but not limited to the employees onboarding, employee benefits, employment policies and practices, performance management and managers training. You will act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company practices and guidelines, oversee current employee satisfaction through employee surveys, ensuring that the workplace is running efficiently.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct new-hire orientations, HR informational trainings, and exit interviews for the client groups.
- Monitor and improve the candidate and new employee experiences at A^3.
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed with the Airbus Americas team.
- Help to explain the company policies and benefits to new and existing employees and answer employee questions.
- Ensure HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provide direction to first line managers.
- Perform data entry and personnel file maintenance, and assist to Airbus HR team with the personnel information upon request.
- Process all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approvals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly HR reports for additions and terminations to the company, PTO balance and other HR data analytics reports as requested.
- Send out weekly surveys to new hires and hiring managers, create an actionable plan based on the feedback received.
- Partner with Sr. HRBP on implementing HR programs.
- New hire file completeness and ensure Employee Training completed by all new hires or managers within the 2 weeks of hire date or promotion.
- Perform good receipts for HR team related expenses and payments.
- Participate in the Social Committee and participate in a team event planning.
- Act as backup office support and reception when Office Manager is unavailable.
- Maintain the contracts and payments with employee training partners.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
We expect you to have:
- A minimum of 5 years Human Resources generalist or relevant experience.
- Experience working with startups or organizations of similar industry and structure.
- HR-related certifications will be preferred,
- Ability to conduct research, access resources, prioritize and juggle multiple projects, adjust to the quickly changing needs of a startup, and communicate directly with managers and project executives.
- Advanced G-suite and Microsoft office, knowledge of BambooHR and ADP Vantage is a plus.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Great attention to details
- Demonstrated level of rigor in your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to engage with executive staff, candidates and employees professionally and efficiently
- A natural customer service orientation
- A mindset of continuous learning and adaptability
- A demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs without being asked
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the A^3. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of the organization.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.