Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Sr. Product Manager
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport the people and goods of tomorrow - Come join us!
Sr. Product Manager
The Sr. Product Manager will be part of an elite team in conceptualizing and working through what it takes to turn an international need into reality with our Engineering teams.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, internal Airbus stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Produce detailed specification documents and keep them up to date
- Address our offerings with the engineering team and translate them simply for customers
- Continually monitor the state of the product during the development process and ensure it closely tracks both customer needs and documented requirements
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Coordinate releases that are launched on schedule
- Support product strategies for Airbus’ UTM vision
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest and execute methods to track product use and impact on end users
- Communicate regularly and openly with the product, engineering, and deployment teams
- Motivate engineering teams and clearly articulate the importance of each story
- Must have proven experience defining, managing, launching, and maintaining Internet services.
- Must have at least three years experience in a product management or leadership position.
- Must have experience with agile product development and lean organizations
- Excellent problem solving skills, interpersonal communication, and organizational leadership abilities.
Experience in large-scale distributed Internet organizations is a plus.
Why Airbus UTM?
- Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
- We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
- We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, 401k, Bonuses, Catered Lunches, and Flight Training if you are interested in becoming a Pilot!
We are located in beautiful Sunnyvale, California and a short walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.