A3 by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A3 develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A3.
Reporting to Vice President of Operations, the Sr. Facilities Coordinator works closely with project executives, project teams, outside vendors and the operations team to support the facility operations of specific projects and building infrastructure. Primary responsibilities of the role will be to support the facility operations of specific project teams and building infrastructure. You will support security administration access, fire/life safety drills, office hygiene, FOB access, office supplies, recycling, vendor COI, OSHA awareness, building compliance, fire and evacuations drills and shipping and receiving.
A high degree of problem solving skills are required for successful performance of Facilities Coordinator role which will involve problem identification, evaluation and gathering information from appropriate functional team members in order to properly identify a problem. Periodic review and evaluation of processes and procedures to find more efficient and effective workflow solutions for this segment of our business.
You have an understanding of the various administrative processes that allow a team to be productive. You are proactive for building repairs, safety and well-being of our employee’s and our guests.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Liaise with facility management vendors including janitorial, catering, security, HVAC, electrical, Lighting and Government and City officials
- Maintain the status of proposed and ongoing contracts and capture the COI file management
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency and help coordinate intra-office moves
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Organize the office layout and cord management for fire safety
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Manage the shipping, receiving area including package delivery, and recycling
- Stocking food supplies and inventory for ordering from Canteen
- Assist with contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Evacuation training for new employees.
- CPR, AED, First Aid trained, or willing to be trained
- Make a lasting contribution to the social environment at A³ by participating in social events and proposing new ones, sharing your passions and hobbies, and spreading joy wherever you go
We expect that you will have:
- Proven experience as a facilities coordinator
- Knowledge of facilities management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Familiarity with Gmail, Calendar scheduling and Slack
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
- Experience administering safety and compliance programs
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A3 are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.