Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport people and goods of tomorrow.
- Work closely with System Design Team to understand standards and policies to support best long-term industry implementation of UTM.
- Support the Policy Team in writing and implementing our regulatory and policy roadmap
- Represent Airbus’ UTM team in policy and standards groups around the world
- Coordinate with subject matter experts for defining and writing new regulations and policies
- Track standards and policies relevant to Airbus UTM at different government levels
- Work closely with our Community, Business, Legal, Deployment, Communications, and Product teams on developing market strategy
- Develop and advocate for rules that support the growth of the UTM industry
- Minimum of undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in policy, legal, or similar field
- Technical background
- Experience in aviation industry
Why Airbus UTM
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, 401k, Bonuses, Catered Lunches, and Flight Training if you are interested in becoming a Pilot!
We are located in beautiful Sunnyvale, California and only a few minutes walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.