Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
Airbus UAM is looking for a passionate individual to join the UAM System Modeling and Optimization team. Your responsibility will be to help conceptualize and build an integrated technical-economic model to guide UAM vehicle and system strategy. Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Analyze and optimize the UAM transportation system for economic viability and positive social outcomes.
- Build and integrate models that together capture the complex interactions among consumer demand, economics, weather, flight operations, geospatial analytics, vehicle performance, airspace access and human factors in UAM operations.
- Develop UAM vehicle routing models to support integrative modeling
- Curate, integrate and analyze large and varied geospatial, transit, weather and other relevant datasets to understand UAM product use cases
- Support vehicle engineering team by refining and controlling actionable performance requirements
- Help manage software quality assurance, testing and continuous integration/deployment across model tool chains
- Effectively communicate analytical results and tradeoffs with the broader UAM team including providing input to all development phases of the UAM strategy, global UAM system, eVTOL aircraft, and other teams.
To succeed in this role we expect you to have:
- A M.S. or PhD in Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Math, Physics (or similar technical fields)
- 3+ years of experience in research or development of software for system modeling, simulation, particularly for aerospace or transportation related applications.
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving with demonstrated expertise in continuous domain and discrete optimizations and dynamic programming
- High proficiency in Python and Matlab and contemporary computational and data science APIs (e.g.: pandas, scipy, dask etc.)
- Familiarity with and interest in software engineering, testing and deployment best practices - you can write good code
- Experience in working with large datasets for both analysis and visualization. Experience with big data and cloud deployment pipelines a plus
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.