A³ is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a leading supplier of large commercial aircraft, helicopters and defense products. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly.
Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but potentially short of a product.
As a Sr. Workplace/Facilities Support you will support security administration access, fire/life safety drills, office hygiene, office supplies, recycling building compliance, fire and evacuation drills and shipping and receiving. In addition, you be point of contact for office requests and guests when they come to HQ.
A high degree of problem solving skills are required for successful performance of Sr. Workplace/Facilities Support role which will involve problem identification, evaluation and gathering information from appropriate functional team members in order to properly identify a problem. Periodic review and evaluation of processes and procedures to find more efficient and effective workflow solutions for this segment of our business.
You have an understanding of the various administrative processes that allow a team to be productive. You are proactive for building repairs, safety and well-being of our employee’s and our guests.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Be part of the ERT and participate in quarterly evacuation and safety drills
- Conduct quarterly site visits to remote locations to ensure property is well supported
- Responsible for answering the door and greeting guests
- Ensuring all shared meeting spaces and conference rooms are organized and clean and well maintained
- Will provide support for any company events
- Ensuring new employees or guests are trained on evacuation procedures
- Will partner with Facilities Lead and VP Of Operations on managing facilities and office budget
- Liaise with facility management vendors including janitorial, catering, security, HVAC, electrical, lighting
- Be responsible for office coordinator for both facilities and managing tasks including coordinating company lunches, managing catering vendors, mail and FedEx support and issuing and collecting security badges and other office support tasks.
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency and help coordinate intra-office moves
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Organize the office layout and cord management for fire safety
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Manage the shipping, receiving area including package delivery, and recycling
- Stocking food supplies and inventory for ordering from Canteen
- Assist with contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Evacuation training for new employees.
- CPR, AED, First Aid trained, or willing to be trained
- Make a lasting contribution to the social environment at A³ by participating in social events and proposing new ones, sharing your passions and hobbies, and spreading joy wherever you go
We expect that you will have:
- Proven experience as a facilities or office coordinator/manager
- Knowledge of facilities management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Familiarity with Gmail, Calendar scheduling and Slack
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
- Experience administering safety and compliance programs
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.