Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport people and goods of tomorrow.
As Solutions Architect, you’ll work with our customers and partners to plan, integrate, and launch Airbus UTM solutions. You will become a technical expert in our UTM products, develop a keen understanding of unmanned aviation, and advocate for customers needs within the product team. You will be responsible for the technical relationships with our strategic customers and be their trusted advisor. You will contribute to the improvement of Airbus UTM’s products, tools, and processes by working with product, engineering, and deployment teammates.
- Take ownership of customer and partner technical relationships, representing their needs and ensuring their success.
- Engage with business executives and engineering teams to drive successful business outcomes via intelligent technical decisions plus effective collaboration and project management.
- Create integration and deployment plans that lead to successful adoption of Airbus UTM services.
- Use creative problem solving to devise solutions for customer needs.
- Represent the voice of the customer in the product team’s planning, prioritization, and roadmap.
- Collect feedback, bugs, issues, and needs from customers, analyze their priority and impact, and present them to the product team.
- Manage the project tasks, schedules, and timelines for customer adoption of Airbus UTM solutions.
- Collaborate on upcoming feature releases, user stories, and release schedules.
- A technical background, such as a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, other engineering disciplines, or experience on par with formal education.
- Able to facilitate deep engineering discussions in real time.
- Experience defining technical tradeoffs, such as for system architecture, efficiency, performance, security, or functionality.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Enjoys working with people exhibited through your empathy, trustworthiness, and earned credibility.
- Self-starter and caring teammate who is energized by building new processes, tools, and solutions alongside others.
- Must have experience with agile product development and lean organizations.
- Excellent problem solving skills, interpersonal communication, and organizational leadership abilities.
- Experience in large-scale distributed Internet organizations is a plus.
- A background in cloud computing or aviation is helpful but not required.
- Some amount of travel (10-25%) to visit customers in person.
Why Airbus UTM?
- Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
- We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
- We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, 401k, Bonuses, Catered Lunches, and Flight Training if you are interested in becoming a Pilot!
- We are located in beautiful Sunnyvale, California and only a few minutes walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.