Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer
Join us and build the future of aviation, changing the way people and goods move around the world.
Soon, drones will deliver packages to your doorstep, taxis will fly you around cities, and emergency medicine will be more quickly flown to accidents. Airbus UTM is building the digital traffic management to make it all possible.
We’re a diverse group of aviation enthusiasts, Bay Area startup veterans, and professionals from multiple industries who’ve come together to build the digital infrastructure for this new era of aviation. We tackle this problem as a collaborative team, teaming up with partners around the world to create the best possible outcome.
Want to help us usher in the era of flying cars? Going beyond developing software, hardware, and aircraft, we aim to build a unifying vision and suite of projects that bridge the many efforts out there to a single collaborative future. By being both a fast-moving iterative team and a leading innovator in aerospace, Airbus UTM’s goal is to leave a lasting impact by revolutionizing how objects, information, and people move in a new autonomous dimension.
DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer
As a member of our DevOps group, you will have a piece of your work supporting almost every piece of software we produce. From building monitoring into our live services, to establishing reliable containerized deployment of backend components, your efforts will be a major part of turning raw code into practical applications supporting our vision of safe autonomous flight.
- Member of the technical team supporting Engineering efforts, system readiness and deployment capabilities.
- Drive CI/CD development efforts across multiple teams.
- Advocate for technical operations best practices, standards and process.
- Work in the deployment management and monitoring/alerting environments. Evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework
- Perform analysis of current deployment frameworks, identify and execute on iterative improvements.
- Day to day support of our greater Engineering group in achieving their platform and service based technical goals
- Establish monitoring and live-service operational tooling
- Make our technology workflow smarter and easier through automation and effective design.
- Create technical playbooks for recurring activities
- Be a technology expert with an ongoing drive to learn and apply the best possible tools to any conceivable problem.
- Have a desire to work with an ambitious team in a fast-paced environment with strong values in sustainable development.
- Have 2+ Years of Hands-on experience in CI/CD, Container Orchestration, Monitoring/Alerting, Security, automated deployments, and other DevOps practices.
Come fly with us!
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences. We’re dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
Why Airbus UTM?
- Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
- We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
- Airbus takes care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, bonus program, excellent medical benefits, catered lunches, and offer cool perks like flight training and so much more!!
- We are located in Sunnyvale, CA and a very short walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.