Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Quality Engineer at Airbus UTM
Join us and build the future of aviation, changing the way people and goods move around the world.
Soon, drones will deliver packages to your doorstep, taxis will fly you around cities, and emergency medicine will be more quickly flown to accidents. Airbus UTM is building the digital traffic management to make it all possible.
We’re a diverse group of aviation enthusiasts, Bay Area startup veterans, and professionals from multiple industries who’ve come together to build the digital infrastructure for this new era of aviation. We tackle this problem as a collaborative team, teaming up with partners around the world to create the best possible outcome.
Want to help us usher in the era of flying cars? Going beyond developing software, hardware, and aircraft, we aim to build a unifying vision and suite of projects that bridge the many efforts out there to a single collaborative future. By being both a fast-moving iterative team and a leading innovator in aerospace, Airbus UTM’s goal is to leave a lasting impact by revolutionizing how objects, information, and people move in a new autonomous dimension.
Quality, Tools and Automation Engineer
We’re strong believers in sustainable quality practice, and it’s the role of the Quality Engineering discipline to ensure the continued success of our technology. By working between the infrastructure, release, and application development efforts of the team, your contribution helps to ensure that we will achieve our true goals in the future: Building sustainable and high-quality technical solutions for a new era of autonomous flight.
- Lead development of quality practices including Tools Development, Test Suite creation, execution and release validation
- Build test and developmental tools and automation, help manage CI Infrastructure.
- Work with team Engineers to spread quality practices
- Collaborate with DevOps group on release validation and creating new service deployments
- Establish practices that will scale with the growing project needs
- Execute acceptance passes with product and project management on new features and development
- Interpret application and systems level monitoring of in-development and live systems to derive insights
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams
- At least 2 years experience in Quality Engineering roles, successfully supporting a team in a fast-paced development environment
- Institutional knowledge in quality best practices and theory
- Be an advocate for sustainable development and scaling
Come fly with us!
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences. We’re dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
Why Airbus UTM?
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
We’re dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent benefits, generous PTO, quarterly bonuses, excellent medical benefits, catered lunches provided regularly, and offer cool perks like flight training!!
We are located in Sunnyvale and only a few minutes walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain station.