Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Senior Software Engineer
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport the people and goods of tomorrow - Come join us!
Senior Software Engineer
The role of Senior Software Engineer is a cornerstone of our team. You will be taking on developing robust, well-designed and scalable service and platform applications that will have a direct impact on the future of autonomous flight.
- Be a core member of our platform development project, producing a next-generation headless service platform for applications in the future of unmanned flight.
- Work with your colleagues to develop implementations derived from high-level designs. Rapidly prototype, evaluate and iterate to build high-quality software.
- Implement database interfaces and infrastructure, using technologies such as mySQL, postgres, and noSQL databases.
- Express initiative and curiosity in testing and maintaining cloud-based distributed services and shared platforms.
- Own performance integration efforts, profiling, measuring and improving both scalability and resilience.
- Advocate for quality delivery, testing, and maintainability.
- Be a generalist with experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development, systems engineering and distributed infrastructure.
- Desire to work with an ambitious team in a fast-paced environment with strong values in sustainable development.
- Have delivered multiple distributed SaaS backend features from start all the way into sustainment.
- Have 3-5+ years experience developing distributed PaaS/SaaS applications
Come fly with us!
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences. We’re dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
We are dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
Airbus takes care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, bonus program, excellent medical benefits, catered lunches, and offer cool perks like flight training and so much more!!
We are located in Sunnyvale, CA and a short walk from the Sunnyvale CalTrain Station.