Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and talent.
Project Wayfinder is seeking a Business Analyst & Project Coordinator (Contract to hire) to join a dynamic and rapidly growing team. An ideal candidate will have experience in budgeting as well as analyzing actuals, and would essentially serve as the go-to person in the program management team for any financial matters. This individual will also be the liaison between Wayfinder and A³ and serve as the primary point of contact for A³ finance team. A successful candidate will be very detail oriented and deadline driven. Intuitive understanding of project management basics and willingness to learn and grow, is a must. This position will report to the Project Manager of Wayfinder working closely with their management and is based out of the A³ HQ in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Compile financial needs, prepare the yearly budget, and present it to the Finance community
- Prepare a detailed financial forecast three times a year and give a presentation to the Finance community
- Proactively reshuffle budget as required by unforeseen events. Manage and update the project’s cost breakdown structure (as needed)
- Analyze project actuals and commitments at the end of each month
- Set-up and manage monthly personnel and overhead costs allocation processes
- Monitor the status of purchase orders and contracts and prepare financial accruals at the end of each month. Prepare simple order or contract amendments where required
- Update the project financial outlook each month and report to the Finance community
- Perform good receipts for the activities after consulting the engineering team (when necessary)
- Track project assets and report to Finance
- Support the team in preparing long-term budget estimates and business cases
- Support project logistics (organize complex shipments using known vendors)
- Manage project budgetary risks and opportunities and associated action plans
- Prepare project/program status reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Facilitate weekly team meetings
- Provide other support to management and team in daily activities (for instance, organizing team meetings and team events)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
- 1+ year of professional experience in Finance, Accounting, or Project Management
- Experience with SAP, Anaplan or Procurify
- Analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Excel or Google sheets using lookup functions and pivot charts and PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Desired: Knowledge of financial and accounting systems and processes
- Desirable: Knowledge of Google Sheet and Google Slides