Project Vahana intends to open up urban airways by developing the first certified electric, self-piloted vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) passenger aircraft. We envision Vahana being as a cost-comparable replacement for short-range urban transportation like cars or trains. A core premise of this project is that full automation and sense-and-avoid technology will allow us to achieve higher safety levels by minimizing human error while allowing more vehicles to share the sky. As a platform, Vahana can be as diverse as its wheeled grounded counterpart when being used for cargo delivery, emergency services, search and rescue, or even as a tool to deploy modular infrastructure in disaster sites. There is no other project that we know of that incorporates this much automation in vertical flight. With Airbus’ long history in aircraft certification and safety, we are uniquely positioned to realize large-scale automated flight within urban environments.
Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
The UAM team relies extensively on automation to achieve a fast pace development with high frequency deliveries. Our Continuous Integration systems are key elements of our success. The existing infrastructure must be continuously improved and optimized to reach demanding levels of performance and availability. In addition, new needs are emerging, requiring the creation of innovative architecture and design, careful implementations and seamless deployments. Our team is looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer, reporting directly to the Avionics Lead, to bring our Continuous Integration infrastructure to the next level.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Architect and build our next generation CI/CD infrastructure to support system models integration and simulations of an Urban Air Mobility system at the scale of a City.
- Maintain and enhance a state of the art Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) infrastructure to build, test and deploy flight software.
- Create innovative tools to improve the flight data analysis pipeline with automated data verification and report generation.
- Deploy and maintain tools in the Cloud supporting the systems development life cycle (requirements management, system modeling...)
- Continuously improve the availability, reliability, scalability and security of your solutions.
We expect that you will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- At least two years of progressively ambitious experience with software development.
- Track records in architecting and developing complex continuous integration pipelines.
- Expert in linux servers administration, virtualization, containers and TCP/IP networks.
- Mastery of GIT or similar configuration management tools.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud services such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience integrating automatic code generation/verification (Simulink Coder) into a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with High-Performance Computer (HPC) system management tools (Slurm, PBS, TORQUE or similar)
- Track record in architecting HPC clusters (CPU- and GPU- based systems) using different types of network (InfiniBand and Ethernet or equivalent fabrics)
- Track record in architecting and managing storage systems for HPC based on distributed file systems (Gluster, Lustre or similar)
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A3 are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.