As a Financial Analyst, you will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Finance Operations and assist in reporting and analyzing the monthly financials of the organization, forecasting the expected costs of our projects and departments, and planning A3’s financial strategy for the upcoming years. You will support the implementation of tools and processes that will allow the shared services team to provide outstanding support to our internal customers, while sustaining company growth. Additionally, you will collaborate with team members across the entire organization. You will be in a trusted position that has impact on A3 from day one.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare monthly P&L for each project and department, monitor actuals against budgeted figures, and communicate accordingly to relevant parties
- Reconcile financial data across multiple systems to ensure accuracy and transparency of financial data
- Creation and submission of monthly accruals, JEs and reclass entries
- Support project managers in developing and updating budgets based on project evolution
- Support the preparation of quarterly forecasts and yearly operating plan in coordination with the Finance Manager
- Manage A3 financial structure (cost center, accounts, workstream) and implement master data changes based on projects or department requirements
- Create, upload and validate the transfer of data from one system to another
- Actively participate in the improvement of financial systems and processes
We expect you to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and at least three years of progressively ambitious work experience in finance or accounting. You will need to be extremely organized, detailed-oriented, and methodical. While this is an execution-heavy role, we need someone who inspires confidence in his/her teammates, exhibits strong leadership (versus purely management) qualities, and has rock solid ethical standards. If you like creating beautiful spreadsheets and reading the IFRS and US GAAP on your spare time and problem solving is your passion - even better, we’ll need that too. You are approachable and internalize the idea that Shared Services is a “service” delivery department focused on speed and user experience.
Some of the qualities that we looking for are:
- Prior experience with start-ups or large international corporations
- A sense of urgency
- Creative, work independently and adapt to new situations quickly
- A regard for necessary process mixed with a healthy skepticism for bureaucracy
- Advanced speadsheet skills are a plus
- Experience with Anaplan, SAP and Google Sheets are a big plus
- Use of Finance or Accounting software a plus
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!