Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
As a Process and Tools Systems Engineer for Airbus Urban Mobility, you will support a rapidly growing team in the development of complex systems involving both software and hardware workstreams, onboard and on the ground. You will ensure that these teams are provided the framework that will allow them to develop their systems in a coherent way, being cognisant of both their constraints and working style while ensuring compliance to industry standards. You will mentor them in implementing these processes , ensure continual alignment of all stakeholders, flag potential deviations and provide insights for harmonization. You will report directly to the Head of Systems Engineering.
To get specific, you will:
- Be responsible for the SEMP (including requirements, risks, and PDP)
- Own the configuration of the relevant supporting tools
- Provides support in implementing, and/or administering engineering activities
- Ensure traceability and compliance throughout design, verification, and validation in accordance with industry standards
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team! Engage with key stakeholders and become familiar with the UAM ecosystem
- Formalize these discussions into a SEMP.
- Contribute to the identification of program objectives and technical development
- Take ownership of the relevant tools
Within 6 months you will:
- Provide support and mentoring to the teams
- Provide technical Coordination across teams to support the development plan
- Manage Key performance indicators including risks
- Support program management
Within 12 months you will:
- Continually monitor the state of the development process and ensure it closely tracks both stakeholders needs and documented requirements
- Engage in planning verification and validation activities
We expect that you will have :
- A bachelor degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software engineering or Systems Engineering
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experienced with development and test processes supporting aircraft certification (ARP4754, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-160G);
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (Doors, Enovia, Polarion..)
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.