Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
As a Systems Engineer for Airbus Urban Mobility, you will support a rapidly growing team in the development of complex systems involving both software and hardware work streams, onboard and on the ground.
You will assess operational, technical and programmatic needs, and turn them into specifications for the teams to execute on. You will constantly strive to identify and prioritize areas for optimization . You will conduct or manage trade off studies, ensuring the development of the best possible product. You will report directly to the Head of Systems Engineering.
To get specific, you will:
- Identify areas for optimization
- Write specifications to clarify the need
- Identify relevant players
- Select the optimum solution
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team! Engage with key stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Understand the UAM architecture, its open questions and area of optimization
- Refine needs and turn them into requirements for the team to execute on
- Manage your first trade off studies
Within 6 months you will:
- Make recommendations on technical solutions based on the studies you will have conducted or managed
- Refine and document your selection process
- Expand your area of expertise
Within 12 months you will:
- Continue shaping the UAM architecture
We expect that you will have :
- A bachelor degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experienced with industry standards and processes
- Familiarity with requirement management tools (Doors, Enovia, Polarion..)
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.