A3 is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a leading supplier of large commercial aircraft, helicopters and defense products. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but potentially short of a product.
To support these missions, a small and dedicated operations team provides an underlying infrastructure of shared services, including people operations, contracting, communications, legal, finance, information technology, administration, and facilities.
As our Desktop Support Specialist you will report directly to the IT Operations Manager and assist in planning and growing A3’s development capabilities and IT infrastructure. You will provide expert support to our project teams, support functions, and leadership while continuously improving the emerging technologies that excite and create value for our staff.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the lifecycle of all Incidents, Events and Service Requests, providing prompt and professional service to end-users.
- Initiate IT procurement process by creating purchase orders and/or purchase order requests.
- Manage software distribution and license tracking.
- Work across teams to onboard/offboard users, create new accounts, install and deploy new machines and provision access.
- Troubleshoot Mac software and hardware issues and perform basic Apple hardware repairs and maintenance.
- G-Suite troubleshooting, administration, and user account provisioning.
- Mobile phone support, including administration of subscriptions.
- 1+ years experience supporting desktops/notebooks in a mixed Mac/Window environment.
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management across various platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry).
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Strong sense of customer focus.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A3 by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.