Airbus UTM (formerly known as Altiscope)
Through research, simulations, and industry collaboration, Airbus UTM (formerly Altiscope, an A3 by Airbus project) is building digital air traffic management solutions to enable the next age of aviation. Under the umbrella of Airbus UAM, Airbus UTM will design, develop, and build the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future. Not only is Airbus UTM able to leverage Airbus’ decades-long history of technological excellence in aviation, the team is also expanding on the already established relationships with the regulatory & industry organizations critical to successfully deploying a comprehensive UTM framework. These relationships and research advancements led to the development and publication of both Blueprint for the Sky and the Preliminary Community Perception Study. Airbus UTM will continue to advance the industry with continued research and simulations, while simultaneously developing its suite of products and services.
Sr. Program Manager
Join us as we build the digital traffic management solutions enabling the new era of autonomous flying vehicles!
The aerospace industry is moving incredibly quickly with innovations in aircraft types, sizes, and flight capabilities. In order to support this growth, a more modernized and scalable approach to air traffic control is needed.
At Airbus UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management), we are designing, developing, and building the critical infrastructure necessary to allow new aircraft, including air taxis and delivery drones, to safely enter and share the skies of our future! We are a collaborative group, teaming with regulators, industry organizations, and manufacturers from around the world to develop a unified language and vision for the interoperable, global deployment of digital traffic management.
We’ve come together with a passion to build a safe, scalable and efficient infrastructure to transport people and goods of tomorrow.
Senior Program Manager
The program manager is responsible for coordinating engineering deliverables, tracking progress, managing a clear and repeatable software engineering process, and ensuring product delivery milestones are met.
- Manage activities within the development organization, working to identify milestones and resolve challenges in both internal and partner-facing projects.
- Work with senior leadership and team members to create architecture plans and roadmaps, estimating timelines, identifying risk points and mitigation strategies.
- Organize efforts within different domains of system design, working with team architects and external partners to identify paths to reach target outcomes.
- Identify opportunities from multiple projects to work together and where we can pool efforts effectively
- Communicate expectations and updates with leadership and team stakeholders.
- Track execution of goals, revising processes and objectives as things change.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams with repeatable process
- Work with team members to define user stories, break down work into achievable chunks, and evaluate alternatives and tradeoffs
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
Why Airbus UTM?
- Airbus UTM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace celebrating unique talents, backgrounds, and differences.
- We’re dedicated to building a healthy and sustainable culture, while solving big problems that really matter.
- We take care of our people, offer work life balance, have excellent benefits, generous PTO, quarterly bonuses, excellent medical benefits, catered lunches provided regularly, and offer cool perks like flight training!!
- We are located in Sunnyvale, and a short walk from CalTrain.