Project Vahana intends to open up urban airways by developing the first certified electric, self-piloted vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) passenger aircraft. We envision Vahana being as a cost-comparable replacement for short-range urban transportation like cars or trains. A core premise of this project is that full automation and sense-and-avoid technology will allow us to achieve higher safety levels by minimizing human error while allowing more vehicles to share the sky. As a platform, Vahana can be as diverse as its wheeled grounded counterpart when being used for cargo delivery, emergency services, search and rescue, or even as a tool to deploy modular infrastructure in disaster sites. There is no other project that we know of that incorporates this much automation in vertical flight. With Airbus’ long history in aircraft certification and safety, we are uniquely positioned to realize large-scale automated flight within urban environments.
Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
As Sr. Recruiter, you will report directly to the Head of Recruiting and will be responsible for partnering with project teams to be the dedicated recruiting support.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Partner with project leaders to strategically balance and prioritize recruiting to meet fluctuating business needs throughout the year.
- Provide direction and consultation on emerging trends impacting and influencing attraction and acquisition within critical talent segments
- Assist with the job creation process and ensure that all proper steps are followed when a talent need arises
- Work cross-functionally in HR to provide input to other programs impacting the organization, including – but not limited to – onboarding, career-planning, internal movement, training, etc.
- Source, pre-screen and interview candidates.
- Be experienced in proactive sourcing, including use of social networks and other alternative sourcing methodologies in order to ensure a robust pipeline of potential candidates.
- Manage the offer generation and approval process
- Maintain responsibility for entry, maintenance and integrity of data using internal systems
- Deliver on-going reports that track results, impact and cost-effectiveness of team while compiling information to detect trends/insights
- Create a fantastic candidate experience through a balance of your own personal touch and the right systems and structures.
We expect you to have:
- A strong sense of urgency to drive the recruiting pipeline
- Prior Recruitment experience with agencies, start-ups or other organizations going through a period of exponential growth
- You will need to be extremely organized, task-oriented, and methodical to build a smooth operating support function. Some of the qualities that we looking for are:
- Experience in workforce planning
- A regard for necessary process mixed with a healthy skepticism for bureaucracy
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions that match the evolving nature of A³’s start-up business model. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of A³ to potential employees and increase the overall employment brand of A³.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.