Project Vahana intends to open up urban airways by developing the first certified electric, self-piloted vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) passenger aircraft. We envision Vahana being as a cost-comparable replacement for short-range urban transportation like cars or trains. A core premise of this project is that full automation and sense-and-avoid technology will allow us to achieve higher safety levels by minimizing human error while allowing more vehicles to share the sky. As a platform, Vahana can be as diverse as its wheeled grounded counterpart when being used for cargo delivery, emergency services, search and rescue, or even as a tool to deploy modular infrastructure in disaster sites. There is no other project that we know of that incorporates this much automation in vertical flight. With Airbus’ long history in aircraft certification and safety, we are uniquely positioned to realize large-scale automated flight within urban environments.
Airbus believes in the potential of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) to transform our cities for the better. By pushing the limits of technology in the fields of connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems and electric propulsion, our aim is to develop sustainable mobility systems that bring maximal societal benefit while causing minimal environmental impact. To this end, Airbus is harnessing its expertise across the company to develop solutions that will unlock the third dimension of urban mobility and offer viable alternatives to connect people.
As our HR Generalist, you will report directly to the Human Resources Business Partner and be responsible for supporting day to day operations and current and future HR and Talent Acquisition projects. You will oversee current employee satisfaction through employees surveys, ensuring that the workplace is always running efficiently.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Schedule and conduct New Hire orientations to help new employees integrate into the company.
- Monitor and improve the candidate and new employee experiences at A^3.
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed with the Airbus Americas team.
- Follow up with new hires on assigned new employee orientation steps.
- Help to explain the company policies and benefits to new and existing employees and answer employee questions.
- Perform data entry and personnel file maintenance, and assist to Airbus HR team with the personnel information upon request.
- Process all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approvals.
- Act as a travel and expense contact for all inquiries and training on expense management system.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for candidates.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly HR reports for additions and terminations to the company, PTO balance and other HR data analytics reports as requested.
- Send out weekly surveys to new hires, interview candidates and hiring managers, and conduct 2-4 survey calls per month.
- Work with HRBP on implementing HR programs.
- Schedule candidate interviews, print resumes and schedule and coordinating logistics for candidate and interview panel in coordination with Talent Team.
- Ensure all candidates or visitors have been trained on facility safety prior to their visits.
- New hire file completeness and ensure Emtrain is completed by all new hires or managers within the 2 weeks of hire date or promotion.
- Perform good receipts for Talent and HR teams.
- Participate in the Social Committee and participate team event planning.
- Act as backup office support and reception when Office Manager is unavailable.
- Maintain the contracts and payments with employee training partners.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
We expect you to have:
- Relevant experience in similar HR coordination roles
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Advanced G-suite skills
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Great attention to detail
- Demonstrated level of rigor in your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to engage with executive staff, candidates and employees professionally and efficiently
- A natural customer service orientation
- A mindset of continuous learning and adaptability
- A demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs without being asked
You are a team player who enjoys learning continuously. You know how to earn the trust of a team and you are accountable for your actions. We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions to support the nascent UAM organization. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of Airbus UAM.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.