A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and talent. To support these two missions, a small and dedicated operations team provides an underlying infrastructure of shared services, such as recruiting, communications, legal, finance, information technology, administration, and facilities.
A³ is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator to support a Project Executive of Wayfinder as well as coordinate administrative and office duties for Shared Services. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a fast-paced start-up type environment and is an outstanding communicator with a professional demeanor. You are proactive and highly skilled at anticipating needs, exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, and expertly balance multiple priorities. This is a dynamic role and the emphasis is to maintain a balance between the two functions creating a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and support to both. More broadly the duties and responsibilities will include scheduling meetings, greeting visitors and providing day to day administrative support. A successful candidate should also have prior experience and exposure to a variety of software tools and be able to navigate the demands of high volume of requests effectively prioritizing tasks to be completed.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely busy calendar; composing/preparing confidential correspondence and presentations; arranging itineraries, agendas, and travel plans; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Provide complex national and international travel arrangements. Become familiar with the specific, detailed needs and travel partners; create travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel time to quickly address any last minute changes.
- Accurately track expenses by managing credit cards and receipts. Process and submit receipts accurately and on schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion. Work in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings.
- Write professional emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Take notes and distribute meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages when needed.
- Work closely with and create a trustful relationship with Airbus team to arrange meetings and events as needed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, projects, and commitments with utmost care and confidence.
- Manage the shipping, receiving area including package delivery, and recycling,
- Assist with stocking food supplies and inventory for ordering from Canteen.
- Give tours and provide evacuation training for new employees.
- Make a lasting contribution to the social environment at A³ by participating in social events and proposing new ones, sharing your passions and hobbies, and spreading joy wherever you go.
- A strong sense of urgency and flexibility
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience supporting senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of G-Suite products; Slack; as well as other Project Management and Financial Software
- Former experience in office management/facility coordination
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- CPR, AED, First Aid trained preferred, or willing to be trained
- Strong organizational skills as well as deadline and detail oriented
***Note that this is a contract to hire role at A³ HQ in Sunnyvale, CA with support out of Santa Clara, CA office in the mornings, with the rest of the day at the HQ in Sunnyvale, CA. Candidates are not eligible for employee benefits while on a contract but will have a high probability for conversion and are included in almost all company activities.***