Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering of Wayfinder. On our team, software engineers are responsible for a wide range of topics including overall software architecture, moving deep learning methods from prototype to deployment, building sensor interfaces, automating data pipelines, and more. Software engineers also participate in testing, from unit tests all the way up to flight test. We are a lean team and moving quickly, so we value flexibility, willingness to figure out what needs to be done, and personal initiative to make things happen.
- Design and implement software for Wayfinder’s core products
- Provide leadership on the software team by example: write good code and guide others in doing the same
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience developing software for complex robotic systems
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured, and well-documented code
- A flexible, get-it-done attitude to contribute across the project as needed
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Real-world experience developing software for robots, cars, or aircraft
- Familiarity with computer vision, machine learning, or deep learning methods and algorithms
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement, professional development & $15,000 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy & more
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.