The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate the Airbus transition towards a future of digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce Aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. One project is focused on advanced digital design and manufacturing processes and tools.
Your role as a Front End Developer is to assist the Engineering Lead in executing a work package for an A³ project with a focus on speed, quality, and cost. You will need to be comfortable using supplied data to make informed decisions regarding implementation of software use cases and be comfortable working in an agile work environment, where quick delivery, constant testing, and iteration are the norm. As our projects are “out-of-the-box” by design, you will be expected to seek, investigate, and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop front-ends for various tools
- Create GUIs for data input, model creation / instantiation, and data visualization
- Create reusable front-end components
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
- Produce documentation in multiple formats to support project needs including milestone, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Aggressively pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by the Engineering Leads and Project Executive to conclusion
We expect that you will have:
- Experience using a major web framework (e.g.: React, Angular, Vue.js)
- Experience using HTML5 / CSS / JS (ES6+)
- Experience in using and connecting to REST APIs
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A degree in a related field and a demonstrated track record in developing UI for the web
In addition, the following skills/attributes would be an advantage:
- Experience with MobX State Management
- Front-end testing experience with Jest or Cypress
- Experience in Python or Java development
- Ability to work under pressure to keep sometimes aggressive timelines
To succeed in this position, you need to be willing to work with a flexible schedule including travel.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.