At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A³ partnerships — with startups, established companies, and research institutions — power our projects and allow us to work successfully within the Silicon Valley ecosystem. They often connect our parent company to new developments and talent here too. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets for projects that emerge from A³.
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
As our Administrative Assistant/Office Manager, you will report to the Vice President of Operations and be responsible for Executive level support as well as manage office operational needs
- Daily office support at HQ including, but not limited to: reception, cleaning, restocking food and drinks, receiving packages and coordinating with facility team on maintenance of office
- Ability to manage complex calendars to include planning, coordinating and executing all meetings and events while adapting to changes
- Book extensive travel arrangements to include: domestic and international – air, hotels, ground transportation, visa and passport requests, work with multiple time zones
- Assist in planning of offsites/group meeting’s/misc events
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Work with the facilities manager to coordinate and manage vendors and other office maintenance needs
- Provides backup support to facilities manager
- Participate in new hire onboarding process by issuing parking passes, ordering business cards and space planning for new employees
- Coordinate with IT on on ensuring teleconference equipment is present in main conference rooms
- Participate in the fire/safety committee for HQ
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload is essential
- Exceptional MS Office skills – need a power user of google and all google settings
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail is a must
- Extensive knowledge of travel working with multiple time zones
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Engage with executive staff, customers and employees professionally and efficiently
- Must work well under pressure and with strong personalities
- Is a team player with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Can proactively identify needs without being asked
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, so you can develop new solutions that match the evolving nature of A³’s start-up business model. Ultimately, we need you to be able to convey the fun, excitement, and fast pace of A³ to potential employees and increase the overall employment brand of A³.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.