Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering of Wayfinder. You will be responsible for bringing rigor and order to our software development systems as our project grows. Day to day you will architect, develop, and maintain systems that enable efficient and reliable algorithm development, testing, integration, and release.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and maintaining infrastructure for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), regression testing, and bug triage;
- Building and maintaining redeployable cloud and on-premise infrastructure;
- Working with distributed data infrastructure, including containerization and virtualization tools, to enable unified engineering and production environments;
- Developing dashboards, monitors, and alerts to increase situational awareness of the state of our production codebases and deep learning workflows;
- Developing interfaces to simulation environments for testing (e.g. SIL/HIL);
- Independently conceiving and implementing ways to improve development efficiency, code reliability, and test fidelity.
We expect you to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience. We expect you will have an understanding of:
- Programming in common languages (e.g. Python);
- Deploying to public clouds (AWS/GCP/Azure);
- Public cloud infrastructure;
- Orchestration tools like Ansible or Terraform;
- Container technologies like Kubernetes, Singularity, or Docker;
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, CircleCI, or ConcourseCI;
- Linux/Unix systems, scripting and automation;
- Distributed systems;
- Testing and automation;
- Best practices in infosec.
Significant prior production engineering, DevOps, and infrastructure engineering experience is highly recommended.
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to 9 national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,000 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy & more
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.