A3 by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A3 partnerships — with startups, established companies, and research institutions — power our projects and allow us to work successfully within the Silicon Valley ecosystem. To support these two missions, a small and dedicated operations team provides an underlying infrastructure of shared services, such as contracting, communications, legal, finance, information technology, administration, and facilities.
We are seeking a trustworthy and analytically-minded Program Management Office Manager to develop project management practices and standards that empower our Project Executives to move fast and meet goals. To be successful, you must be proactive, be able to operate in full autonomy and have excellent communication skills. In this role, you will interact with A3 team members and senior leadership. As a member of the Shared Services team, you are focused on providing outstanding support to our internal customers while sustaining company growth. You will be in a trusted position that has impact on A3 from day one.
As the team’s Head Project Manager you will ensure that efforts are coordinated and integrated in order to achieve the projects objectives. You will be required to conduct analyses and assessments to gauge the impact of business decisions and to determine overall project progress against milestones and objectives. As our projects are “out-of-the-box” by design, you will be expected to seek, investigate, and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Assist Project executives in formulating project execution plans and implementing project management practices.
- Define ways of working, workflows, and standards that support our projects, with the right balance of tools, process, and execution.
- Manage Shared Services dashboards, metrics reporting, and shared knowledge documentation.
- Manage internal website for Shared Services, keeping information and updating pages for the teams.
- Document, manage and communicate using PM methodology and templates.
- Schedule all key meetings, document minutes and share with relevant stakeholders/participants.
- Advocate on behalf of PM community for training, support or reengineering of Processes.
- Identify and implement new software tools to increase efficiency and user experience.
- Provide clarity to stakeholders and team members on current projects state.
We expect you to have:
- An undergraduate degree in business and at least five years of work experience and demonstrated track-record in project management activities;
- Excellent communication skills (strong coordination and relational skills to deal with customers, authorities, internal and external partners);
- Experience with leading diverse teams;
- Passion for increasing productivity of engineering teams;
We need you to be technology savvy and adaptable, approach development efforts from a product- and user-driven mindset, and be adaptable. Experience working in a startup environment is highly valued.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A3 by Airbus Group is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.