As a Senior Radar Systems Engineer, you will report directly to the Director Engineering of Wayfinder. You will be responsible for serving as the resident expert for the evaluation of radar systems to be used for A³ Urban Air Mobility (UAM) initiatives.
You will be responsible for specifying, modeling, testing, and analyzing radar systems at the system, module, and component levels in order to support hardware and software selection and design decisions.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Set radar specifications to meet system requirements and design goals;
- Build radar models of various levels of fidelity to support design, simulation, and analysis;
- Direct verification and validation testing of radar systems;
- Analyze radar system performance;
- Prototype, develop, test, and deploy radar signal processing algorithms for static and dynamic object detection.
We expect you to have an advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering, physics, or a related field, and at least two years of professional experience related to the development of radar systems. We also expect you will have:
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge of radar signal processing including detection methods, tracking, object classification, and performance assessment;
- Experience modeling and simulating radar systems;
- Experience designing and executing radar test plans;
- Expertise in Python, C, or C++;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholders including technical, business development, and regulatory experts.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
- Knowledge of imaging techniques such as synthetic aperture radar;
- Familiarity with computer vision applications of deep learning including object detection and classification;
- Real-world experience with mobile autonomous systems such as robots, cars, and UAVs;
- Familiarity with standards related to the certification of airborne systems such as RTCA/DO-254 and RTCA/DO-178.
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A³ by Airbus is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A³ are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.