A3 by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A3 partnerships — with startups, established companies, and research institutions — power our projects and allow us to work successfully within the Silicon Valley ecosystem. To support these two missions, a small and dedicated operations team provides an underlying infrastructure of shared services, such as contracting, communications, legal, finance, information technology, administration, and facilities.
We are seeking a trustworthy and analytically-minded Sr Finance Operations Manager to support the Head of Finance in running A3 finance operations, including FP&A, P2P and financial processes and systems. To be successful, you must be proactive, be able to operate in full autonomy and have excellent communication skills. In this role, you will interact with A3 team members and senior leadership, Airbus Americas finance team and other Airbus entities worldwide. As a member of the Shared Services team, you are focused on providing outstanding support to our internal customers while sustaining company growth. You will be in a trusted position that has impact on A3 from day one.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Drive A3 annual and quarterly budgeting process for the company as a whole, its internal departments and projects, in line with Airbus assumptions and deadlines;
- Present A3 planning and financial performance to relevant parties, including leadership team, Finance Committee, Airbus Americas, CTO, etc.
- Support project managers in developing and updating budgets based on project evolution
- Monitor the monthly financial performance of projects and departments against annual budgets and quarterly forecasts using our FP&A tool Anaplan, and communicate accordingly to relevant parties
- Review monthly accounting entries and reports;
- Coordinate with Airbus Americas finance team on accounting, tax, treasury, systems and procurement topics;
- Coordinate with CTO on funding and any other topic requiring coordination or approval
- Calculate and maintain projects and departments bonus pools;
- Actively participate in the improvement of financial systems and processes that improve A3’s efficiency while respecting compliance with Airbus policies and applicable accounting principles;
- Support internal and external audits as needed
We expect you to have:
- A university degree
- 5+ years of progressively ambitious work experience in finance or accounting
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Rock solid ethical standards
- Excellent Excel / Google Sheet skills
- Experience with SAP, Anaplan, Procurify preferred;
Some of the qualities we are looking for:
- Extremely organized, detailed-oriented, and methodical
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology and concepts into content digestible by non-technical experts
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly
- Customer support mindset
- Regard for necessary process mixed with a healthy skepticism for bureaucracy
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
A3 by Airbus Group is an equal opportunity employer. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
All job offers at A3 are contingent upon the candidate passing an export control check.